Supporting our Communities, Our Libraries & Cultural Economy and Protecting our Heritage
Communities and Heritage
- Offer 500 grants to support Community Safety Projects, Neighbourhood Watch Schemes and Anti-fraud Initiatives to improve local networks, safety on our streets and in our homes.
- We pledge no libraries will close on our watch.
- Continue to support arts, culture and heritage facilities, groups and organisations in Derbyshire, which contribute to our local economies, to tourism and by enriching resident’s lives, by creating a £1million cultural recovery grant scheme.
- Revive and reimagine market town High Streets, providing support for increased footfall and improved trading conditions and encouraging a new High Street Economy.
- Commit to working to find a bypass solution to the long-suffering and unique nationally important medieval Grade I Listed Swarkestone Bridge in South Derbyshire.
- Continue the work to deliver a sustainable £35m heritage led regeneration plan for Elvaston Castle and grounds to boost tourism and benefit the local community and economy and create local jobs.
- Work with partners and developers to secure the heritage led regeneration of Belper’s important Grade I North Mill and Grade 2 East Mill at the heart of the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site, creating local tourism, retail and residential opportunities that will create local jobs and boost the local economy.