Supporting Older and Vulnerable People & Staying Healthy: Providing the Best Care & Support We Can
Adults and Health
- Build on our innovative £30m Care Programme to provide new modern care homes and care at home packages for the county's older people – to replace Labour’s legacy of crumbling care homes.
- Invest a further £5m to Unblock Hospital Beds and help older people to return to their own homes.
- Carry out a further 5000 Home Health, Safety and Welfare Checks for the increasing number of vulnerable Over 80s in our communities.
- Continue the Derbyshire Carers Support scheme to provide 5000 half day breaks to help relieve the workload and stress when people are full time voluntary carers.
- Develop and fund a £500,000 support and respite scheme for Young Carers in Derbyshire.
- A further £375,000 Derbyshire Sport and Community Action Grants pot for local voluntary organisations and clubs, recognising their valuable role in supporting healthy lifestyles for Derbyshire residents.