Aspiring for Derbyshire Young People: Our Bright Future
Children and Schools
- Continue to provide school crossing patrols where they are most needed.
- Pledge Laptops for Derbyshire children to ensure every child in the County has access to a laptop for learning.
- Provide a further £375,000 Youth Activity Grants pot for local voluntary organisations and clubs, recognising their valuable role in supporting healthy lifestyles for young people.
- Create an additional 1000 new Apprenticeships and Work Experience Placements to give Derbyshire’s young people a step on life’s ladder.
- We recognise the growing issue of young people’s mental ill health and pledge to create a pilot £300,000 fund to develop preventative schemes with partners in schools the voluntary, community and independent sectors and health colleagues.
- Support for the campaign for a Sixth Form in the Bolsover District to raise aspirations and ensure continuing education is an option for all.
- Continue to spend several million pounds each year to build new schools, and expand, refurbish and rebuild existing ones, so that our children and young people get the best possible start in life by learning in fantastic, modern school environments.
- Continue to drive improvements we’ve already made in social care, as recognised by Ofsted in July 2019, to keep the County’s most vulnerable children safe.