Record Breaking Investment in our Roads, Cleaner Air, Road Safety & Public Transport
Roads and Transport
- Invest more than £120million on Road Maintenance and tackling potholes over the next 3 years and maintain our ranking as one of the best performing Highway Authorities in Britain.
- In year one we will deliver 83 resurfacing schemes totalling 1million Square meters of resurfacing.
- Introduce speed reduction schemes and clean air zones in our towns and villages where local people support it. Including implementing 20mph zone trials in two towns in Derbyshire to promote clean air and cycling, making them “Green Towns.”
- We commit to working with residents and partners to tackle road safety throughout Derbyshire
- Free Companion Bus Passes for disabled public transport pass holders.
- Deliver our promise to complete the Ashbourne Bypass.
- Work with Keep Britain Tidy and the Campaign for Protection of Rural England to educate countryside visitors and schools about the Countryside Code and keeping our beautiful county tidy.
- Make Derbyshire the centre of excellence in future fuels for transport, industry and domestic energy.
- Prioritise completing key cycling routes in Derbyshire such as the White Peak Loop and support the delivery of our unique Key Cycle Network Strategy to deliver the country’s most ambitious off-road cycle network for work and recreation.
- Work with walking groups throughout Derbyshire to improve access and the quality of our thousands of miles of footpaths.
- Create an initial £250,000 Electric Bicycle subsidy scheme to make eBikes accessible and encourage greener ways of getting about in Derbyshire.
- Continue to develop practical solutions for the congestion afflicting the A61 south of Chesterfield, to reduce congestion, improve traffic flows and journey times for local residents.
- We will continue to work with Highways England and the Government to deliver the Mottram Bypass and Glossop Spur and lobby for the upgrade of the Hope Valley Line. And work with partners to mitigate the impacts.