Derbyshire Conservatives Investing in a Cleaner, Greener More Vibrant Economy
Environment and Climate Change
- Reaffirm the commitments made in our 2019 Climate Change and Carbon Reduction Manifesto to be Net Zero as an authority by 2032, or sooner.
- Develop with the Government and other organisations like the Peak District National Park Innovative Sustainable Transport systems to reduce traffic within the National Park and our countryside.
- Develop a £100 million capital scheme to improve Derbyshire’s environment investing in the Green economy, promoting cleaner air schemes in our towns and investing in cycling and walking greenways in the County.
- Invest in a Green Revolution for Derbyshire, create Community Green Energy Entrepreneurs, to develop green and cheaper, cleaner energy for residents and businesses and create local jobs and skills.
- Expand our Green Entrepreneur Grant Scheme and Community Energy Grants to provide £10million of funding to help businesses and communities to become greener.
- Facilitate the planting of up to 1,000,000 new trees in Derbyshire by 2030, including by providing planting grant schemes.
- Commit to flood alleviation schemes in particular working with communities to find some real meaningful solutions to those areas regularly affected.
- Implementing 20mph zone trials in two towns in Derbyshire to promote clean air and cycling, making them “Green Towns.”
- Continue to invest in electric vehicle (EV) charging point infrastructure in Derbyshire with partners in the public and private sector to deliver an ambitious target of 1000 EV charging points by the end of 2025.
- Work with partners in the public and private sectors to deliver 2 hydrogen fuel stations in Derbyshire and 30 hydrogen powered buses and refuse collection vehicles by 2025.
- Use our abundant natural capital, such as our extensive countryside, moors and woodlands to help deliver carbon reduction measures and invest in Derbyshire.
- Explore ways to use our abundant rivers in the new Green Industrial Revolution to generate power for our communities and industries.
- Work with the Government and Peak District National Park Authority on the restoration of the peat moors.